Who We Are
Melampa Tour is an online service that enables users to research, find, and book Indonesia travel experiences. Melampa Tour’s products and services are made available through Melampa.com.
What Information Do We Collect?
We receive and store any information you enter on our websites or give us in any other way. We collect two types of information from you on our websites or via email. Personal Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We also collect Other Information that does not identify you personally, such as gender, country of residence and other demographic information.
When you register with Melampa Tour, we ask for basic information including your name and email address, and Other Information such as your signup location. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Melampa Tour and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose Personal Information, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide Personal Information when purchasing one of our supplier’s products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase or facilitate your booking.
When you visit Melampa.com, our web server automatically recognizes and collects your IP address, which is assigned by your Internet Service Provider and does not identify you personally, web browser software, and referring website. To help us analyze the usage of our websites and related services, and to send more relevant communications to you, we also collect and keep track of Other Information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience. For example, if you frequently visit Surabaya and Jakarta, we may send you special notices listing deals and popular products for those destinations. If you are subscribed to any of our email marketing communications – including newsletters, it is necessary for you to disclose Personal Information such as your name and email address and Other Information such as your home city.
If you book a tour or excursion with Melampa.com, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our websites.
You can contribute to the Melampa Tour websites in a number of different ways, including writing reviews, uploading photos, filling out your public profile, and rating other users’ contributions. We may store these contributions (your “Content”), publicly display them on our websites, display them to other users. Note that if you include Personal Information in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
Cookies, and How We Use Them
“Cookies” are pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard disk, for record-keeping purposes. Cookies in and of themselves only identify your computer; they do not personally identify you.
Most web browsers allow you to turn off cookies; however, turning off cookies will limit your use of our websites and Applications. To learn more about changing your browser’s cookie settings, please see the appropriate informational link:
How We Use And Disclose Your Personal Information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- For registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Melampa Tour and invitations from our company.
- To provide you with the information you request about our products
- To send you email marketing messages and information
- To enable our third-party suppliers to fulfill your bookings
- To confirm your purchases
- To ensure you are correctly billed
- To enable us to publish content you submit to us to our websites
- To measure and track demographic details about our customers
- To target content on our website to more closely match your interests and otherwise customize your experience with Melampa Tour
- To target the appropriate content for email marketing messages to better match your interests
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services and websites
- To notify you about offers and products or services available from us that may be of interest to you
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys
- To resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection
- To tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites and social media assets
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding the use of our sites, social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
We will provide you with choices regarding the use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
Sharing with Third Party Vendors
We also share your Personal Information with third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or Applications or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by such marketing companies in connection with our websites. The information we collect helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. If you do not want to help us learn how to improve our site, products, offers and marketing strategy.
Email Communications You Can Expect to Receive from Melampa.com
We may send to you marketing emails with information about Melampa Tour deals, destination and product news, offers, competitions, and other special promotions that we believe that you will find valuable, interesting or informative. We will provide you with choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you are no longer interested in receiving future email marketing communications from Melampa Tour
Our Security and Storage Measures
At Melampa.com we seek to maintain the integrity and security of your Personal Information.
We use industry-standard encryption protocols when receiving and transferring your Personal Information. In fact, when you send Personal Information to us over the Internet, we first require that a “secure session” be established using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
We seek to store your Personal Information in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information by our employees or third parties.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. Melampa Tour will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your Personal Information. Melampa Tour will rely on you telling us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security. We will then seek to investigate whether the security breach was related to the data transmissions from or to Melampa Tour and let you know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem. Further action, such as reporting incidents to the police or other proper authorities, may also be required.
Call Recording and Monitoring